In the following article I will walk you step-by-step on how to start a blog in just a few quick and easy steps. I have truly enjoyed starting a blog in the past several months and have already started monetizing my blog! Most people will tell you that in order to start a blog you have to pay upwards of $20/mo. to get your own domain and start tweaking your site. Well, I’ve personally negotiated with Bluehost to snag you guys the lowest price on starting your own blog – and I’m even providing my link so you can get your own domain at no additional cost. Act fast though I’m not sure how long Bluehost will have this promotion.
First, click here to start a WordPress blogging account and then follow my instructions on how to get started.
This is the easiest and, let’s be honest, the cheapest way to start your blog. I’ve found Bluehost the most affordable option and wish I had used them on my very first blog years ago.
Blogging has come to be a major hobby and time-consumer of mine. I enjoy writing and sharing tips and travel hacks with my readers. More seasoned bloggers have earned over 6 figures from their blogs. Why let that money go towards a $20 monthly hosting site when you can pay as low as $3/mo. (the low price is with my link only) with Bluehost?!
Starting a money-making blog can allow you to work from home and travel whenever and for how long you want. And for you parents out there, it can allow you to spend more time with your kiddos and less time in the cube farm.
If you sign up with my link you get your own free domain when you sign up for you 12mo. hosting plan. No more www.wordpress.com/yourname/somethingnoonecanremember1010990. I highly recommend a 12 month plan. Not only is it the most affordable, but if you plan on trying to make money off of your blog, you’ll need some time to grow your following and a couple months to have a good amount of relevant content as well. If you want a better deal, and truly plan on allowing your blog to fund your travel or start making money online, then the 36 month option is way more practical and the rate is much lower in the long run.
And for those of you thinking you can start one cheaper on Blogger or BlogSpot, please save yourself the trouble now. There are tons of reasons why bloggers find these two outlets a horrible ide and why WordPress on Bluehost is the much more professional and easier option.
If you want to freelance on your blog or start making money for your posts, then Bluehost is a must. It’s very cheap and you get a FREE domain. You can run ads, affiliates or whatever else you want to make money off of your site with your site being ran through Bluehost. Trying to make money on competing sites is extremely difficult and some don’t even allow the plug in you may need in order to run advertisements on your blog. Actually, I’ve found that most advertisers don’t work with competing sites due to the lack of professionalism compared to WordPress blogs.
Still need more reasons to launch your blog on Bluehost?
- It’s easy to use. Even your kiddos can set a blog up! My FREE tutorial makes it easy to set up and you can always revisit for more tips and tricks.
- Bluehost offers technical support and customer service
- Bluehost is the most affordable option. And with my link, you’re guaranteed a FREE domain.
- Hosting starts at $2.75 – the only expense. No surprise and hidden fees
- You get a FREE domain name
- WordPress with Bluehost is FREE
- You will be self-hosted, which means all income and money is YOURS no hidden and gray areas, you can monetize immediately!
- You will have a much more professional look for your viewers and potential business partners.
So, head on over to Bluehost and start making money doing what you love!
If you plan on starting your own blog on Bluehost then keep reading and I’ll walk you through the set-up process. If you have any trouble setting up or have any questions, just shoot me an email, I’m always here to help a fellow blogger-prenuer.
How to Start a Blog on Bluehost
1. Register your domain name
This is the most important part about starting a blog. You need to take plenty of time brainstorming a creative name that is easy to remember and shows your creativity.
You can click here to purchase a domain name and create a blog, then just continue to follow my steps outlined below.
You can get your domain name directly through Bluehost and make the entire process uper easy. If you do this, then you get a FREE domain for an entire year if you buy 12 months worth of Bluehost web hosting. This is the better option if you want to save the most money signing up. You also get a much cheaper price when you sign up with the 12 month hosting, so the FREE domain makes the deal even sweeter. And of course, for the more serious blogger, you get an even better deal with a 36 month plan, the monthly rate is even lower. If you decide to snag the FREE domain name, then keep reading and get the free domain and hosting all in one step.
2. Buy hosting for your blog
So, we already know starting a WordPress is the best route, let’s talk pricing really quick:
- To start a blog, you really would be good to go with the “Basic” plan. This is $2.75 per month through my link (due upfront in full) if you sign up for 36 months, which is an amazing price. If you choose the 24-month plan, then you will pay $3.95 per month – not bad. Looking at a 12-month plan? That’s $4.95 per month. This is still way affordable and a great plan to choose to kick off your blog. Remember, you still get the FREE domain! If you’re unsure about blogging and want to start off simple, the 12-month plan is best. Its only $59 for an entire year. No worries, no hidden fees.
- Let’s just skip the Business Plan and Business Pro, the Basic plan is all you need for now. They’re much more expensive anyways. You can sign up for them later and just pay the difference if you decide to upgrade.
- Let’s discuss protecting your private information, Domain Privacy Protection. Now, you don’t HAVE to get this, but let’s be honest. If you’re going to start making money off your blog, then you want to pay for this. It’s only $0.99 per month. This is so your contact info stays safe.
- That’s really it, no need for the extra things Bluehost sells.
- Remember, if you want your FREE Domain, then you will have to use my link if you purchase a 12-month plan.
Choosing the 12-month plan means no worries of having an expired site if you miss a payment, you get the FREE domain name, and the lowest rate. Perfect for the new blogger! Paying month-to-month leaves the risk of your site being shut down and losing that additional traffic and, well, money.
On average, Bluehost will only run you about $59 a year or $99 for 3 years, which is a rockin’ deal if you ask me! The best values over the long run, if you ask me, is the 36 month plan, the rate is way lower and you’ll be set to really haul in the big bucks!
So, here are the steps to buy hosting for your blog
1. Go to Bluehost and click “Get Started Now”
2. Click on the package you are interested in
3. Enter in your domain name. Make it great!
4. Enter in your payment info
5. Choose your password
Let me know if you need help here.
3. *Connect your domain and your hosting
Since you bought your domain through Bluehost, you don’t need to do this.
4. Install WordPress on Bluehost
And now for the best part! After you create your log in info, Bluehost will guide you through how to start your blog. Pick your theme (don’t worry, you can change it later). Then, click “Start Building”. Choose “Business “ or “Personal” or just click “I don’t need help”.
And that’s it! You’re officially a blogger! You’ll have to go in and work on your design and make any additions or changes, but you’re all set to start blogging!
If you sign up for Bluehost and have any questions or issues signing up or picking a plan/pricing, just reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org